An extremely flexible Double Swing Door with an adjustable opening, frame, panels, offsets and tolerances. This door uses the method of nested and shared families, meaning the panel, door handle and door lock can be modified without editing the family itself, allowing for an extreme amount of flexibility and customisation without overloading the family with too much complexity. To learn more about how nested and shared families work in the Double Swing Door, check out our tutorial posts.
Nested families included in this purchase:
|Materials & Textures:||
PBR with Custom Textures
- Added Panel Tolerance parameter to allow for a tolerance gap between the panel and frame.
- Added schedulable clear opening width and height.
- Updated version to Revit 2017.
- Moved hardware families to a single nested and shared container family. This is a fundamental change to the construction of the door families, removing the need to host the handle and lock on panel family its self. This improves the stability of the family, as well as removing the warning error that occurs when editing the family in Revit 2018 and above.
- Re-organised the order of parameter to be more logical and even clearer.
- Re-named parameters that were using the ANZRS suffix to parameter names that would more logically fit with similar parameters. Currently, ANZRS parameter listings are inadequate to cover the variety of adjustable feature these door families include. Having some parameter with a suffix of ANZRS and some without was unclear, messy, and had the potential for confusion.
- Removed the instance parameters of Handles_Visible and Locks_Visible to avoid confusion. If a door doesn't need handles or locks an empty nested container family can be equipped, and also scheduled as such.
- Added the option to represent the doors in Coarse and Medium detail modes as either solid or glazed. These are both simplified representations. If an accurate representation is needed the Fine detail mode will show the actual 3D modelled panel family, allow greater flexibility in its representation.
- Handle and Lock material changes have been moved to the individual nested families type properties. This allows less complication when a custom handle or lock has been modelled with more than one material applied.
- Fixed issues with wall layer wrapping when frames were disabled, specifically:
- When frames are disabled wall layer wrapping now wraps completely around the wall end.
- Fixed errors within the family when the wall layer wrapping offset had been applied and the frame was then turned off.
- Added intelligence to wall layer wrapping offsets to automatically disable when double action swings were enabled in the swing doors.
- Updated the functionality of the panel position to be more logical. Previously, when the frame from disabled, the frame offset position controlled the custom location of the panel. This was confusing. Now when the frame is disabled, the panel position parameter will control the location of the panel. When the frame is enabled, the panel position will still control the location of the panel, but constrained within the extents of the frame.
- Updated version to Revit 2020.
- Modified the nested door hardware to be hosted directly in the family rather than in the container family. This creates a much more logical user experience with the ability to swap in and out handle and locks directly from the door type properties.
- Added visibility parameters for door hardware.
- Added ability for the door panel to be offset externally to frame, giving the option for a projected panel.
- Added the ability for the door frame to offset internal or externally to the wall.
- Added the tolerance parameter to both the door and frame, giving a more realistic view in 3D renders and accurate representation in details if needed.
- Added visual warnings for when constraints are active.
- Updated family and shared parameters for integration with RevitHQ project template.
- Improved parameter naming and organising.
- Updated textures to new PBR type with 1024x1024px texture maps.
- Added increased functionality for the frame position via a quick integer switching system.
- Added 1-click embedded frame functionally with maximum constraints for wall overlaps.
- Updated various parameter naming for increased understandability.
- Various bug fixes.
- Updated to include the improved multi horizontal chamfered frame panel.
- Updated with optional kick plate on internal and external.