A Downpipe and Rainwater Head family capable of being manipulated into all the shapes you will need. Options for the downspout include circular and rectangular, with up to 3 wall straps, and options for straight and T style spreaders. For more detail on the creation of this Downpipe and Rainwater Head family and the best way to use it, check out the blog post below.
Downpipes, Rainwater Heads
|Materials & Textures:||
PBR with Custom Textures
Start by placing this family in a plan view, adjust its top and bottom level constraint, allow for any offsets you may like, and from there head to your 3D view and start customising.
To account for the fact this family isn't wall-based, a lockable reference plane in line with the edge of the pipe allows you to lock the downpipe to the wall. All other functionality will be immediately obvious in its type properties. The ability to switch between circular and rectangle, the visibility of wall straps, adjustments in its angle, and more.
Major updates have now gone into this family to make it even better and more versatile, including:
- Wall Straps have been given more intelligence to automatically turn off when there isn't the required space.
- Wall Straps have been given an adjustable position, height, and visibility property.
- The downpipes rotation is now fully adjustable, allowing for unique scenarios where the downpipe kicks off the wall at an angle in two axes. The rainwater head will also follow this path.
- The equation that drives the angles of the downpipes has been given an overhaul to allow a very high degree of angle to a very low degree, seamlessly flowing between straight and kicked. This opens up even more possible variations.
- The overall parameter structure has been improved for clarity and fast operation.
Version 2.1 - 26/04/21
- Updated family and shared parameters for integration with RevitHQ project template.
- Improved parameter naming and organising.
- Updated textures to new PBR type with 1024x1024px texture maps.
Version 2.2 - 16/07/21
- Updated family with the ability to have a kick that goes forward and backwards. To use this feature simply adjust the pipe rotation parameter to 180 degrees.
- Added a half-circle Rainwater Head design as an option.
Version 2.3 - 04/08/21
- Updated family with minimum break prevention for Kick Top Offset parameter, to prevent the accidental setting of the parameter below a functional minimum.
Version 3.0 - 09/01/23
- Major update to the family with the possibility to articulate the pipe around 3 different wall offset amounts.
- Option for 3 wall straps per segment.
- Added outlet kick.
- Added options for outlet spreader and T-spreader.
- Added possibility to adjust kick and offset levels in 3D allowing for a more quick interactive experience.
- Organised parameter naming and layout for more intuitive operation, with interactive notifications for easier use.
- Please note that due to the large amount of change to the parameters, version 2 and version 3 are not compatible. If you have existing version 2 downpipes in your project it is advised to rename the version 2 family before loading version 3.